At Plastipak Holdings, Inc., and any of its Affiliates, is committed to protecting your privacy.
We have developed the following policy in compliance with US privacy laws, the Privacy Act of 1974, GDPR regulations (General Data Protection Regulation within the European Union), and under applicable data protection and privacy laws for South America (LATAM), Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa (EMEA), Japan, and Asia-Pacific (APAC).
Your privacy and the integrity of any information you provide are important to us. Different privacy laws apply to different websites depending on the engagement with the consumer. Plastipak Holdings, Inc. solely retrieves information you provide within your browser. We, as an organization, do not share this data to third party companies. We only obtain personal information regarding your browsing experience for statistics only when you visit our site.
How Will Plastipak Holdings, Inc. Collect Personal Information?
You are under no obligation to disclose any personal information to us at any time. However, your computer shares basic information and some features of the website need some personal information to work, such as our contact forms. In the process you may be asked to give your name, e-mail address, address, etc. for the purpose of these services.
We may also automatically collect information about the web content you view in the event of a known security or virus threat. This information includes:
- The Internet domain from which you access our website (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from an educational domain);
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address (a unique number for each computer connected to the Internet) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome) used to access our site;
- The operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac OS, Unix) used to access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The Universal Resource Locators (URLs), or addresses, of the pages you visit;
- Your username, if it was used to log in to the website; and
- If you visited this website from another website, the URL of the forwarding site.
How Can You Request Changes to Personally Identifiable Information That Was Collected?
If personal identifiable information is collected from your browser, which is offered by your browser settings, you can use our contact from our website for verification and to request changes of such information. Note: The information collected is not applicable to Do Not Track “DNT” requests.
The information collected comes solely from your browser. Our cookies collect your statistics of your visit when browsing our site. If you would like to know what information you shared from your own computer, review your browser and computer settings.
What Does Plastipak Do with “Do Not Track” Requests?
Do Not Track (DNT) is a preference that users can set on their browser (if supported) to opt-out from online behavioral tracking. Plastipak Packaging, Inc.’s website does not respond to the DNT setting of a user’s web browser.
Does the Plastipak Holdings, Inc. Site Use “Cookies”?
In compliance with US privacy laws, the Privacy Act of 1974, European Privacy Policies – The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and under applicable data protection and privacy laws for South America (LATAM), Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa (EMEA), Japan, and Asia-Pacific (APAC), we make a notification of the usage of cookies on our site(s).
Our site uses “cookies” which are small files containing pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can set your browser to block them. Our cookies can contain information such as your user ID that our website uses to recognize you. Our cookies can’t read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other sites. The only personal information our cookies contain is the information you provide yourself. When you enter personal information on our website, your personal information will be linked to the cookie we save on your computer. If you do choose to delete your cookie, you may not be able to use the administrative features of the website.
Data We Process When You Use Plastipak Holdings, Inc.’s Website
When you use our website, we process information related to such activity – including information like the links you clicked on, IP addresses, cookie data* (see definition below), device IDs and location.
Why We Process It
We process this data according to our Statement, including but not limited to:
- Improve our services’ quality and new product developments;
- Deliver more customized and useful content to you;
- Improve online navigation protection against fraud; and
- Conduct analytics to understand how our website is used.
Decide How Your Data is Used
- How to manage my data Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. However, if you do not want to allow cookies, you have the right to do so by turning off your browser history and, on your browser settings, opting out of seeing ads based on your interests. Instructions are usually located within the “Help” or “Preferences” menu of your browser but below you will find some links that may help you:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Safari for macOS Sierra: Manage cookies and website data using Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
- Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
For further information about cookies and privacy laws per region, as how to see what cookies are set on your device, how to delete and/or manage them, you may also visit the following sites:
There are several laws, including federal and state laws, that have provisions on data privacy. The FTC, the Federal Trade Commission, regulates data protection on all consumers in the US.
- The Americans With Disability Act
- The Cable Communications Policy Act of 1984
- The Children’s Internet Protection Act of 2001 (updated in 2013)
- The Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986
- The Computer Security Act of 1997
- The Consumer Credit Reporting Control Act
- The COPP, The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
CalOPPA: California Online Privacy Protection Act
Spanish Data Protection Authority (AEPD)
Japan, and Asia-Pacific (APAC)
Google Analytics, Social Media and Our Careers Section
We use Google Analytics to track how visitors interact with our website, analyze where traffic is generated from and collect information related to general site engagement.
We have social media integration for recruiting purposed and to promote products and services. None of your personal information will ever be shared with Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, or Google. We do not publicize advertising on our site. However, you may click here for more information on Google ads. For more information on opting out of Facebook ads, click here. Should you delete your cookies, please note, you will need to opt out of seeing these messages again. These cookies cannot personally identify you and expire after 180 days or until you clear your cookies.
For more about Google and YouTube privacy policies, visit here: https://privacy.google.com/.
Vendors and Suppliers of Plastipak
In the process of supplier and vendor management, you may be asked to give your name, professional e-mail address, professional address, telephone number, etc. for the purpose of these services. Plastipak believes that processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract.
How Is Your Personal Information Protected?
We also understand your concerns about online security and we do our best to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control. We encourage parties linked to our site to follow similar practices; however, we have no control over how other websites fulfill their obligations and conduct their privacy policies. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on the websites linked to our website.
Will Plastipak Holdings, Inc. Share Your Information?
When you voluntarily provide Plastipak Holdings, Inc. with personally identifiable information online, that information is kept within the Plastipak Holdings, Inc. family of web site(s) and will not be shared or distributed to our affiliates, partners, vendors or sponsors.
If you have any questions please contact Plastipak Holdings, Inc., 41605 Ann Arbor Road, Plymouth, Michigan 48170 or call us at +1 (734) 455-3600.
If you have any question or complaint related to the General Data Protection Regulation within the European Union (GDPR), please contact GDPR_Questions@plastipak.eu.
Privacy Statement Effective Date and Revision Days
Occasionally we may update the privacy statement for this site in order to reflect any changes to the website or our privacy practices. Our policies are updated quarterly as needed. The effective date of this privacy statement is May 2018.
Note on Jurisdiction:
You may not use this web site(s) if law prohibits you from doing so in the country in which you reside.